For a fresh, low carb fish recipe to whip up during a busy work week, this Garlic Herb Tilapia is a great choice. The simple garlic and herb mixture flavors the fish perfectly, and the dish takes just a few minutes to prepare and bake – which we love for meal prepping! To keep the meal low in carbohydrates, serve the tilapia with mashed cauliflower or fresh broccoli tossed with some garlic and parmesan cheese. Alternatively, you can serve the fish filets with a rice dish or roasted potatoes and steamed green beans.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 4 6-ounce tilapia filets
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, minced garlic, and Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and begins to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia filets on the buttered area.
- Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes and separates easily with a fork.
A Few Tips
Cook fish to a temperature of 145°F or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. If you aren’t serving the fish immediately, keep it warm in a 200°F oven or warming drawer.
To lessen the problem of fish flaking and falling apart, cook each filet in a small individual au gratin baking dish that you can serve at the table.
In this post:
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
We invited a lot of other herbs and spices to the party. And each adds their own distinct and complimentary flavor to the mix. . . There’s a noticeable oregano taste, a fresh burst of flavor from celery seeds, and a unique hint of thyme, which adds to this mix’s individuality. There’s also a mild hint of heat from cayenne and paprika to add another layer to this mix’s flavor profile.
Side Dish: Lemon & Garlic Broccoli
This super easy Lemon & Garlic Broccoli recipe is a great side dish to pair with your tilapia! It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and it’s both nutritious and delicious – a total bonus! The buttery lemon and garlic sauce adds just the right amount of flavor to the lightly steamed broccoli. If you want to spice the dish up a bit, add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes or finely chopped red or white onions.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli florets until tender but firm, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until the foaming subsides.
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the steamed broccoli, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until just combined.
- Serve alongside your Garlic Herb Tilapia and enjoy!
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!