If you’re a keto and gluten-free meal prepper, you already know it can be difficult sometimes to find recipes that fit your dietary needs – and also actually taste good! Here at Eat Clean, we are all about making delicious, healthy, and good-for-you meals that you can make ahead of time and grab on-the-go. One of our favorite recent recipes is this Keto & Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Recipe!
The end result is golden brown and crispy with just the perfect amount of spice – and it’s gluten-free and 100% keto-friendly! This is a great make-ahead meal that you can refrigerate and throw in a to-go container for an easy weekday lunch. Here’s the recipe breakdown.
Keto & Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken
- 1 lb. organic boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon hot sauce, divided
- 1 + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Spicy Buffalo Seasoning
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
In this post:
Spicy Buffalo Seasoning
This mix is NOT for the faint of heart. There’s a bold spiciness from cayenne and dried jalapeno, but a layered and deep, powerful taste from a healthy mix of black pepper, paprika, and onion.
- Cut chicken into strips if using a whole breast. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, and Spicy Buffalo Seasoning until combined.
- Dip sliced chicken into the egg, then dredge in flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Place chicken in the skillet, in batches, and let fry for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on how thick your chicken is. Cook until chicken is crispy and golden-brown, but juicy in the center. Place on a towel to drain excess oil.
- In a saucepan, heat butter until melted. Whisk in 1/2 cup hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add in chicken and toss until coated.
- Remove to plate and serve immediately.
If you want a little Ranch Dressing to go along with it, here is a fantastic low-carb keto friendly recipe!
Low-Carb Keto Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Homestyle Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tsp dried chives (if desired)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Whisk all ingredients together. Add the almond milk last, gradually, until you reach desired consistency (possibly less for a thick dip or more for a thinner dressing).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors develop. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
For more great recipe ideas, check out our other blogs or visit our online store to stock up on yummy seasonings and meal prep items!
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!