If you’ve ever experienced the delicious flavor of spicy/sweet Korean Beef, you already know how amazing it is – it’s the perfect combination of tangy and sweet, and we can’t get enough of it right now!
Korean Beef (also known as bulgogi) is a classic Korean dish of sliced beef that’s typically marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and garlic. It’s totally versatile, and you can add any herbs and spices you like to make it even more flavorful; and the best part? You can throw everything in your Instant Pot and call it a day! It’s easy, great for meal prepping (you’ll definitely have leftovers), and super healthy. Here is one of our all-time favorite Korean Beef Tacos recipes!
- 2 lb trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Korean BBQ Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1 medium tart green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 package (10 oz) shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Soft flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- In medium bowl, toss beef with sesame oil and Korean BBQ Seasoning.
- Spray 6-quart Instant Pot insert with cooking spray. Select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Add vegetable oil to insert. Add beef in 2 batches; cook 2 to 4 minutes on first side until browned. Turn; cook 2 to 4 minutes longer on second side or until browned. Select CANCEL.
- Add broth, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, and browned beef to insert. Add apple on top of beef. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 45 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Shred beef, and toss with ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Discard any remaining cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, and Sriracha sauce. Add cabbage and green onions; toss with tongs to blend.
- To serve, divide beef among tortillas, leaving any remaining liquid in bowl; top with Sriracha slaw. Garnish with cilantro. Toppings: kimchi, sliced avocado, green onions.
In this post:
Korean BBQ Seasoning
The next time you cook an Asian-fusion dish, use our Korean BBQ Seasoning Mix and it’s sure to become the best Korean-inspired meal you’ve ever made!
- Cut chicken into strips if using a whole breast. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, and Spicy Buffalo Seasoning until combined.
- Dip sliced chicken into the egg, then dredge in flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Place chicken in the skillet, in batches, and let fry for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on how thick your chicken is. Cook until chicken is crispy and golden-brown, but juicy in the center. Place on a towel to drain excess oil.
- In a saucepan, heat butter until melted. Whisk in 1/2 cup hot sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add in chicken and toss until coated.
- Remove to plate and serve immediately.
If you want a little Ranch Dressing to go along with it, here is a fantastic low-carb keto friendly recipe!
Low-Carb Keto Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Homestyle Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tsp dried chives (if desired)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Whisk all ingredients together. Add the almond milk last, gradually, until you reach desired consistency (possibly less for a thick dip or more for a thinner dressing).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors develop. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
In this post:
Himalayan Pink Salt
Delicately-formed crystals, still in the fresh, pink bloom of youth, even though estimated to be around 800 million years old, Himalayan pink salt is an interesting historical, natural, and geological phenomenon, which has been hand-mined and hand-harvested for millennia, according to traditional methods. It gets its natural rose tint from the trace minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium naturally found in it.
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!