If you’re looking for something easy, flavorful, and healthy to make this fall, look no further than this delicious Moroccan Chicken & Vegetables Recipe! It’s packed with tons of spices and bright flavors from the turmeric and lemon juice. It’s gluten-free, and the recipe can easily be made vegan with a quick swap out of the chicken broth for vegetable broth. Our favorite part of this recipe? It includes our awesome Moroccan Seasoning, a yummy traditional spice that’s packed with flavor (think onions, herbs, and a hint of lemon). It’s also gluten-free, GMO-free, and Paleo Certified, so you know it’s good for you!
Traditionally, Moroccan dishes are known for using a lot of flavorful spices, herbs, and seasonings. Some of the most common spices used in these dishes include cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, ginger, paprika, coriander, saffron, cloves, fennel, anise, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, fenugreek, caraway, and black pepper. This recipe calls for several – but not all – of those, so feel free to add in others or swap some out for your favorites.
In this post:
Sometimes, simple is best. That’s what we discovered when engineering the top-secret mix for our smooth and cool Moroccan Seasoning Mix!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Season chicken with salt and brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in the same pan. When tender, stir in ginger and Moroccan Seasoning; stir-fry for about 1 minute, then mix in broth and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again; cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
This is a juicy, tender, rich, and delicious meal rich with the spices and flavors of traditional Moroccan cooking, and it’s a great recipe to make during the cooler fall and winter seasons. For more recipes and additional meal prep tips, visit our other blogs or take a look at our Spices & Seasonings!
In this post:
Himalayan Pink Salt
Delicately-formed crystals, still in the fresh, pink bloom of youth, even though estimated to be around 800 million years old, Himalayan pink salt is an interesting historical, natural, and geological phenomenon, which has been hand-mined and hand-harvested for millennia, according to traditional methods. It gets its natural rose tint from the trace minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium naturally found in it.
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!