There are a ton of reasons why we love meal prep recipes, but at the top is the fact that what used to be seriously time-consuming and stressful is now a breeze – and even fun! In honor of keeping the “fun and breezy” alive in meal prep, we thought we’d round up some of our favorite pizza meal prep ideas. After all, who can say no to reinventing a childhood favorite?! Done the right way, pizza can actually be pretty healthy; pack it with veggies and swap out regular bread crust with a vegetable crust, and you’ve got yourself a yummy, nutritious dinner that you can prep early and heat up on a busy weeknight. Here are a few of our favorite recipes!
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pizza
If you’re into veggie crusts, this is a must-try! Sweet, healthy, and full of flavor, this sweet potato pizza is a yummy (and easy) weeknight dinner.
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato purée from roasted sweet potatoes (makes 4 small pizza crusts)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pizza is Life Seasoning
- ¾ cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sliced veggies – mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, and zucchini
- Parmesan to garnish
- Roast sweet potatoes until soft.
- Once potatoes have cooled, scoop out the flesh, and measure out 1 ½ cups of sweet potato puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes, and use a hand mixer to whip the sweet potatoes until they are smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and use the hand mixer again to mix well. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Scoop “dough” in heaping ½ cups.
- Wet your fingers, and lightly press down on the top of each mound. Cover 1 mound of dough with another piece of parchment, and then use a meal prep container to press down until the sweet potato is about the size and shape of the container. The centers of the crusts need to be very thin to cook up solid.
- Bake the crusts for 30 minutes.
- Top the crusts with sauce, cheese, and veggies, as desired.
- Return topped pizzas to the oven for 12-20 minutes, depending on how many toppings are added.
- These pizzas are delicious cold, but reheat well also! To reheat, place on a lined cookie sheet, and bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. (credit: mealpreponfleek)
In this post:
Pizza is Life Seasoning
Want to add a dash of pizza flavors to your more healthy meal endeavors?
With our Pizza is Life spice mix, you can add the sultry flavors of roasted garlic and Italian herbs to your next meal! Eating healthy doesn’t mean bland food! Enjoy that familiar savory flavor of pizza seasonings without the overly sweet, overly salty additives!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
For the more adventurous out there, pizza stuffed peppers are a great way to get that same pizza flavor in a unique way!
- 4-6 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 cups diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Pizza is Life Seasoning
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet heat oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add in diced onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey or beef and cook until browned. Add in mushrooms and mix to combine.
- Add in crushed or diced tomatoes and Pizza Seasoning.
- Add in spinach, mix, then reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes; taste and adjust spices as desired. Mix in pepperoni.
- While simmering, remove stems from the peppers and scrape out the ribs and seeds and since.
- In a dutch oven or heavy pan, add enough water to cover peppers; a few cups.
- Once boiling, add in peppers and cook about 2 minutes; drain.
- Transfer peppers to a baking dish and fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned. Keep in fridge until ready to serve! (recipe credit: lexiscleankitchen)
For more great recipe ideas, check out our other blogs!
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!