Meal prep – especially breakfast meal prep – can make life a lot less stressful in the morning, and really helps you stay on track with making healthier food decisions. We all know the feeling: we’re rushed and stressed in the morning and end up eating something like peanut butter toast or sugar-filled cereal, and then regret it by lunch! We’ve rounded up some super easy recipes that you can meal prep on Sunday, so come Monday morning, you can sip your coffee with ease. Breakfast meal prep is a great way to start your morning off with a nutritional meal and a little less stress!
1. Protein-Packed Breakfast Burritos
These breakfast burritos are super high protein, low in carbs, and made with only eight ingredients – what’s not to love?! They’re so easy to make, and perfect for meal prepping on the weekend so you can grab-and-go on those hectic weekday mornings.
- 8 eggs, large
- Splash of milk
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red pepper, finely minced
- ½ red onion, finely minced
- 4 pieces of thick-cut bacon, cooked until crispy
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flatbreads (multigrain)
- Place EVOO and minced garlic in a medium saucepan. Turn to medium-high heat and cook until oil is heated. In a large bowl, whisk 8 eggs and a splash of milk. Set aside.
- Add in red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a few minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. Then, add in eggs and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Place 1/4 of the egg mixture and a piece of cooked bacon.on top of a Flatout Flatbread. Then, sprinkle with cheese. If you want, you can add some extra spice. Wrap it tightly. Enjoy!
2. Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
We are big fans of overnight oats here at Eat Clean – we even include them in our meal plan subscription breakfast options! Oats are packed with whole grains and tons of protein, and they’re delicious to boot. Prepare this yummy overnight oats recipe the night before and you have an easy breakfast waiting for you in the morning!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded apple (~1 medium apple)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add shredded apples and orange juice to a medium-sized mixing bowl or meal-prep container. Mix well and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- When all ingredients are combined, place in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and top with your favorite overnight oat toppings!
3. Healthy Blueberry Waffles
Cook up some healthy blueberry waffles with 100% whole grain flour and no refined sugar or butter. Tip: make a double or triple batch and freeze them – instant meal prep breakfast for the week!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- Extra ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ – 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil.
- Partially melt the coconut oil and add that to the batter (microwave coconut oil for about 20 seconds). Mix until smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray on both sides. Then, scoop in about ⅔ cup of batter. Close the waffle iron, flip, and let cool for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
In this post:
Himalayan Pink Salt
Delicately-formed crystals, still in the fresh, pink bloom of youth, even though estimated to be around 800 million years old, Himalayan pink salt is an interesting historical, natural, and geological phenomenon, which has been hand-mined and hand-harvested for millennia, according to traditional methods. It gets its natural rose tint from the trace minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium naturally found in it.
4. Easy Granola & Yogurt Parfaits
There is really nothing easier than a mason jar breakfast! Just make three or four of these on Sunday night, pop them in the fridge, and you’ve got a delicious grab-and-go breakfast for the work week. These are simple, super healthy, and packed with protein – a winning combo!
- 2 cups granola (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (your favorite flavor)
- 4 cups berries
- In a mason jar, layer ½ cup cup of granola, ½ cup of Greek yogurt, and 1 cup of berries. Refrigerate until ready to eat!
5. Easy Breakfast Pizza
We hate to say we saved the best for last, but… we kind of did! Breakfast pizzas are pretty awesome. They’re delicious, packed with protein, and somewhat healthy – and super easy to meal prep! Our favorite breakfast pizza recipe is below but for great lunch, try out one of our healthy meal prep pizza recipes.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Pizza is Life seasoning
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown sausage and drain. Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan with points toward the center. Press together to form a crust. Bottom of crust should be sealed and outside edge should be slightly raised. Spoon sausage over crust. Sprinkle with hash browns and top with cheddar cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, Pizza is Life seasoning; pour over crust. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
For more delicious recipes and meal prep ideas, check out our other blogs!
In this post:
Pizza is Life Seasoning
Want to add a dash of pizza flavors to your more healthy meal endeavors?
With our Pizza is Life spice mix, you can add the sultry flavors of roasted garlic and Italian herbs to your next meal! Eating healthy doesn’t mean bland food! Enjoy that familiar savory flavor of pizza seasonings without the overly sweet, overly salty additives!
Enter your email to get the latest updates and offers from Eat Clean Essentials sent directly to your inbox!
What We're All About
Empowering you to live a healthy lifestyle with quality meal prep delivery and supplies to enhance your prep experience.
Save time and reduce stress knowing that you’ll receive the best of our products and services time and time again.
Feel the satisfaction (guaranteed!) of complete customer care, great products, bountiful options, and happy taste buds.
Have peace of mind by staying in touch with us. Have questions or concerns? No problem, we are here for you. Just contact us!